Our Life

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Where's my car?

So, yesterday I had one of the biggest nightmares of my life happen. My car was stolen right from the front of my car and no it wasn't unlocked and the keys weren't in it. My dad came home and told me that my car was gone which I didn't believe him because he has played that joke on me one too many times. So, I went outside to look and it was gone. I came back in and asked him what he did with it and he said that he swore he did nothing. Then I started freaking out so I called the Coon Rapids police and made a report. I had to wait for an officer to call me back. He called me back shortly after and I gave him all my information and he then proceeded to tell me that there had been 5 car thefts lately in the Coon Rapids area and they were hitting foreign cars like toyota's and honda's. By then I was so sad that my car had been taken right from under my nose. I had been home with Adrianna all day because it is too hot to really do anything outside. My world was becoming a total mess and I felt very unsafe all of the sudden.
Well to my surprise I received another phone call probably only 10 minutes after I got off the phone with the Coon Rapids officer. It was the Brooklyn Park police and they had found my car. I was in utter shock. I was like wow that was really fast. They had found it at a park and ride in Brooklyn Park. I was prepared to hear the worse by that point. He said "I have never seen anything like this but your car is in perfect condition except for the ignition." Perfect condition? How could that be if they had broken in to my car? He said that they had very well known what they were doing and it probably took them a matter of 5 minutes to steal it. I was so happy. I was going to get my baby back.
We had to go and pick it up last night around 9p.m. and I was nervous to see it. When we got there everything was the same except that they had busted out my ignition, programmed all my radio stations to other ones and there was no gas and I had just filled it the night before. I was sad about that but I was happy to see my car again. I now for the time being have to start my car with a screw driver but it could be much worse and I could have no car anymore.
My dad has officially stated that I by far have the worst luck of anyone he has ever met and I have to agree with him. I swear that my life is just in a downward spiral with no sign of going up. But I do have my car back. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.